Customer Growth Manager – Full Time
Customer Growth Managers: PR & Marketing
Customer Growth Managers keep each customer’s PR & Marketing programme on track. You will manage 3-5 customers’ programmes of varying sizes and complexity and keep all of them moving.
The job is demanding but very satisfying and good Customer Growth Managers get rave reviews from customers and learn a lot – in detailed practical and high level skills. Career progression can be swift and rewarding. We give you the support to make it happen.
Partnering with Creative Campaign Planners, Customer Growth Managers lead the two person teams that deliver these results. Supported by professional writers, creative designers and others they draw on their knowledge and expertise, and on MRA’s knowledge and resources. They make sure things happen when they should and we hit deadlines.
Being organised, managing a number of projects, and project elements, in parallel, and managing people is essential. Together with the team partners, the Creative Campaign Planners, Customer Growth Managers ‘own’ and ‘drive’ their accounts. They multi-task, looking ahead to see what is coming, and making sure everything comes together on time.
Customer Growth Managers do not operate in silos, and they’re on a fast learning curve because there is a lot to learn. We know our markets, and we help you know them too. Recognition starts with how quickly customer CEOs and MDs listen to them and respect what they say.
Some agencies may ask people to write press releases and nothing else. Our Customer Growth Managers write press releases, and some articles and we show them how. We expect account managers to get to know their customers’ markets and their customers and what they need to say. Not everyone is excellent at writing, so we train them in the basics, and we do have professional writers, but the most important part of writing is knowing what needs saying and saying it simply and clearly.
Working as a team, Customer Growth Managers and Creative Campaign Planners spec out and brief the creative and digital people and tap into our knowledge of markets and marketing, strategy and insights to drive customer programmes.
Whatever else you are you will have a strong interest in marketing and a commitment to deadlines and good communication. Good marketers are good organisers and managers of people and projects.
Customer Growth Manager – Full Time
Salary: Negotiable based on ability and experience
- Operating as a 2 person team with a Creative Campaign Planner, the Customer Growth Manager manages and drives 6-9 customer accounts, taking ownership of ‘your’ customers and getting to know their businesses, their markets and their competition
- Managing multiple projects, aware of all deadlines and ensuring they are met
- Maintain & develop excellent, long-term relationships with customers and media
- B2B PR, digital, marcoms agency experience is highly desirable
- Writing persuasive press releases, letters, blogs and comments, plus feature articles. We have professional writers for longer pieces.
- Lobbying editors and placing the editorial we write in print and online media
- Spot opportunities for campaigns. Develop the ideas, sell them to the customers and implement them
- Manage multiple social media accounts eg Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and create innovative content
- Interview customers (and their customers); brief in-house & external print & digital designers, writers & creative copywriters, photographers and videos
- Network at industry awards & events, and support customers at exhibitions
- Excellent organisation skills – calm under pressure
- Literate, numerate & articulate with excellent communication skills
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude
- Able to learn quickly and show initiative
- Able to work in digital, online, social and print media
- Smart appearance
- An eye for detail, accurate (no typos in CVs please!). See bigger picture too
- Able to travel to customer meetings and industry events as required
- Own car is essential
How to apply:
Please send your CV with accompanying letter to firstname.lastname@example.org